Removing an Asset
Algorand Wallet supports Algos and Algorand Standard Assets (ASAs). Assets can be added and removed within any Algorand account. At times, it may be beneficial to remove an asset from your account if you want to ensure that you can't receive any more of that asset.
By the end of this tutorial, we'll have removed an asset from our account.
- You have an Algorand Wallet account with an asset that you’d like to remove.
- The balance of that asset is 0. If you’d like to remove an asset, but the its' balance is not zero, you’ll first need to make a transaction and send that amount to another account. See this tutorial for making transactions.
Step by Step Guide:
- Find the asset you'd like to remove.
- Remove the asset.
- Verify and confirm.
In the specific screenshots below, I’ll walk through the process of removing the Exodus Asset from my Demo account.
1. Open the Algorand Wallet app and navigate to the account where the asset you'd like to remove is located.
1a) Tap the 3 dots next to the account.
2. Remove the selected asset.
2a) From the list of options, choose 'Remove Assets'.
2b) Find the asset you'd like to remove and tap 'Remove'.
3. After verifying that you'd like to remove the asset, it might take a few seconds for your account to reflect the change. You may need to refresh your app to see that the asset has been removed.
3a) Before removing an asset, verify that the asset ID belongs to the asset you would like to remove. After verifying, tap 'Proceed'.
3b) You should now see that the asset is being removed.
3c) The asset has been removed and is no longer visible in the account.
We’ve successfully removed an asset from our wallet!
If you’d like to watch an end to end demo walking through this process, please see the video below.
- It’s important to remember that by removing an asset, you agree that you will not be able to transact with that asset. This means that if you remove USDC from your wallet, you will not be able to receive or send any UDSC.
- If you've removed the asset but find that you need it again, you can always add it back!